The purpose is to deprecate the way "sonar.modules" work.
- "sonar.modules" is a list of paths that point to Ant scripts.
- Those scripts are loaded to define the module definitions
- This causes some issues (see
SONARPLUGINS-2156) plus the fact that it is not flexible not reusable in tools like Gradle
- It will rely on the multi-module support implemented for the Sonar Runner (see SONARPLUGINS-2202)
- It will be possible to specify the multi-module structure using either:
- only properties in the root project (like explained in SONARPLUGINS-2202)
- a mix of properties of the root project and "properties" files located in modules
- the "old" mechanism will still be available as "compatibility mode"