Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 6.7
Business model of SonarSource commercial products evolves in version 6.7 LTS. It's based on a single license that manages unlocking of all commercial plugins. This license is managed by a specific SonarSource plugin.
As a consequence the mechanism that supported multiple licenses must be dropped. It includes :
- replace the manually generated "server ID", which was optional, by the internal ID generated during first startup.
- remove the boolean field "Server ID validated" from System Info page
- delete the page Administration > Configuration > Licenses
- delete the page Administration > Configuration > Server ID
- delete the internal web services api/server_id and api/licenses
- delete the old licenses so that they don't appear in System Info
Note that the server ID is available from the web service api/system/status.
To make migration from 5.6 to 6.7 LTS easier, the old server ID must be kept if present. It should replace the newly generated value.