When running SonarQube under Windows, size of <sonar_install_dir>/temp/ce can keep on growing, potentially causing disk space shortage over time. Restarting SonarQube does free-up space, but the restart can take a long time due to lengthy file cleanup under <sonar_install_dir>/temp/ce.
: SonarQube running on Windows OS, Background Tasks being processed in Compute Engine
- reproduced with both LTS v5.6.6 and latest v6.5
- start SonarQube
- at this point <sonar_install_dir>/temp should not contain any ce folder
- run a project analysis
- Background Task processes, notice the folders created under temp/ce
- once Background Task is complete: notice how the new folder under temp/ce is cleaned-up (illustration @ temp_storage.png). Other folders (for other analysis) will accumulate over time, causing more and more disk occupation.
- even once the Background Task is complete, the new folder under temp/ce cannot be deleted . One must reanalyse the same project, for the old folder to be 'deletable' manually. See temp_storage.png.