The "Sonar way" QP are designed to show which rules are recommended for each language. Therefore, as a QP administrator, I would expect SonarQube to help me know which QP don't use those recommended rules.
The "Sonar way" QP to compare to is:
- the "Sonar way" profile if it exists for the QP language
- the "SonarQube way" profile if "Sonar way" doesn't exist
No comparison is done otherwise.
On each non built-in quality profile screen, I expect to see a "card" listing - for the "Sonar way" built-in quality profile of the corresponding language, the rules that I miss on this profile with the following constraints:
- no card is displayed if there is 0 rule not included
- have a link to the Rules page to be able to activate all of them
On this page tooltips are displayed when hovering on the little "?" helpers:
- the one next to "Deprecated rules" says "These deprecated rules will eventually disappear. You should proactively investigate replacing them"
- the one next to "Sonar way rules not included" says "Recommended rules are missing from your profile"
Use api/qualityprofiles/show instead of api/qualityprofiles/search to display the number of deprecated rules and the "Sonar way" rules not included.
- create new WS api/qualityprofiles/show that returns the information in api/qualityprofiles/search
- mandatory parameter profile: profile key
- add boolean internal parameter compareToSonarWay that return a specific object in the response: