The format of the version is X.Y.Z.BuildNumber
Moving to this format consists to
- use at least travis-utils version 33: the script set_maven_build_version updates the format of the version (X.Y.Z.<build number> and export the variable PROJECT_VERSION
- invoke the script above to export the variable PROJECT_VERSION to the caller script travis.sh as following . set_maven_build_version $TRAVIS_BUILD_NUMBER: this is will add this environment variable in the BuilldInfo of Artifactory which is needed for the downstream QA job and the release process
- remove https://github.com/SonarSource/sonarqube/blob/master/travis.sh#L62
- the file sq-version.txt bundled in the sonar-plugin-api JAR must keep the old format (three fields) as it's used by the scanner for Maven, which badly supports format on 4 fields (see
MSONAR-154). That allows to keep compatibility with versions lower than 3.3 of scanner for Maven.
- because of previous point, the full version on 4 fields is not available anymore for display (for example in web footer). As a workaround a new file sonar-api-version.txt must be created with the new format of version.
As this operation is done on Travis, you can do it locally using the command