While using specific version in order to define your leak period, SonarQube does not rely on the event version set in project history. It may leads to discrepancy between the project history and the effective leak period:
- set leak period based on version "123"
- choose a project that have many snapshot in the project history
- set version "123" to recent snapshot of your project history
- remove "123" version from this snapshot
- set version "123" to the oldest snapshot of your project history
- run the analysis of your project
The leak period will not be computed based on the snapshot that holds the version in project history.