Encryption for http.proxyUser and http.proxyPassword (used for Update Center to go through a proxy) does not work, the encrypted values are sent over to the proxy.
(illustration attached @ proxy_encryption.png ):
- Use squid3 for quickly setting up a local proxy on your machine/VM
- Follow this SO answer to configure your proxy for basic authentication
- Point your SonarQube to the proxy:
- Go to the Update Center and check that it works. You can monitor /var/log/squid3/access.log to see the requests going through.
- Encrypt the user and/or password and restart the server
- Go to the Update Center (try to download a new plugin to make sure you don't rely on cache) and check that it fails
- You can use Wireshark to see the encrypted values sent over the wire