By default, all new issues should be automatically assigned. However, there are cases when this is not possible:
- the issue is at directory, module or project level (no SCM info)
- there are several users who share the same SCM account and we can't choose
- note that in this case, this is logged so that admins can notice this
- the SCM account of the line in unknown
- the issue is created by a newly activated rule, but it is on a line committed by a deactivated user (= so equivalent to previous case)
To cover those cases, it should be possible to specify a default assignee on a project. If it is specified, all new issues for which no user has been found will be assigned to this user.
SONAR-6155 is required to make this user-friendly.