The purpose is to help users understand the meaning of those concepts:
- Unresolved - Unresolved issues have not been addressed in any way.
- False Positive - Issues that manual review determined were False Positives. Technical debt from these issues is ignored.
- Removed - Either the rule or the resource was changed (removed, relocated, parameters changed, etc.) so that analysis no longer finds these issues.
- Fixed - Issues that were corrected in code and reanalyzed.
- Won't-Fix - Issues that are accepted in this context. They and their technical debt will be ignored.
- Open - Untouched. This status is set automatically at issue creation.
- Reopened - Transitioned to and then back from some other status.
- Confirmed - Manually examined and affirmed as an issue that needs attention.
- Resolved - Manually marked as corrected.
- Closed - Non-active and no longer requiring attention.
- Blocker - Must be fixed immediately.
- Critical - Must be reviewed immediately and fixed soon.
- Major - High potential for significant to moderate impact.
- Minor - Potential for moderate to minor impact.
- Info - Neither a bug nor a quality flaw. Just a finding.
For the moment, let's add those tooltips on the facets only.