The idea is to replace the current "Creation Date" facet widget (=> 2 fields) by a more visual way to select the period that we want to filter issues on. This facet is needed to easily support the differential periods for new issues on projects.
I would expect SonarQube to offer me a visual way (similar to the Stackoverflow reputation graph - see screenshot) to:
- See this evolution over time - for instance in a time histogram chart
- Easily select the period over which I want to see the issues that were created
The use cases are the following:
- I'm a project dashboard
- A differential period is activated on that dashboard
- I click on "XXX added issues"
- I end up on the Issues page with the widget that displays the period and the page that lists the new issues for that period
- I'm already on the issues page
- by default, no period is selected on this widget
- I can select custom dates, but also pre-defined ranges to help:
- Last week
- Last month
- Last year