- Key: new_sqale_debt_ratio
- Name: Technical Debt Ratio on new code
- Description: Technical Debt Ratio of new/changed code.
- Domain: Technical Debt
- Type: percent
- Direction: worst
- Qualitative: true
- Best value: 0
As an approximation, to compute this new metric, let's consider:
- the added technical debt over the given period
- the number of lines (ncloc) added/updated over this period
, and then apply the formula of the technical debt ratio.
- If no SCM data is available on a project, then this metric won't be computed because it is required to have it to detected new or updated lines
- Because it's impossible to use the complexity for the formula (whereas it can used to compute the technical debt ratio),
SONAR-6859has to be implemented at the same time so that we are consistent in both metric definitions
- If some issues are generated by removing some lines of code on a file, then the new technical debt ratio for this file will be 0.0%.