Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 4.5.1
SONAR-5617, we rename the "Package Design" widget into "File Design" because packages do not exist anymore. But the issue is that there's an existing "File Design" package that can be visible only on dashboards of directories because it displays metrics computed only at directory level. So we have 2 "File Design" widgets for the moment (see this screenshot).
We should merge the 2 widgets because:
- "file_design" displays only metrics computed only at directory level.
- "package_design" displays only metrics computed at module or project level.
I suggest that for consistency:
- we merge "package_design" into "file_design"
- then we drop "package_design" widget
For "file_design" widget:
- Set its description to the current one of "package_design"
- "Reports on file and directory dependency cycles."
- For its content:
- On modules or projects, display the current content of "package_design"
- On directories, display the current content of "file_design"
- But update its style because it's old style, see this screenshot
- And make sure all the links point to the DSM
Note that to define what to show, you should not check the kind of resource but keep the same checks as what currently exists in the widgets.