Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 4.3
The description of the 4 categories of "General Settings > Exclusions" should be more consistent and easier to understand. They currently are:
- "Configure files which should be considered for code coverage."
- => Replace by "Configure the files that should be ignored by code coverage calculations."
- "Configure files which should not be checked for duplicated code."
- => Replace by "Configure the files that should be ignored by duplication detection."
- "Configure which source code and tests you want to be omitted from analysis. Most of these parameters can also be configured at individual project level in each application's project settings."
- => Replace by "Configure the files that should be completely ignored by the analysis."
- "Configure which issues should not be reported. More information on the documentation page."
- => Replace by "Configure the conditions under which issues should not be reported."
In "General Settings > Exclusions > Issues", the description of the "Rule Key Pattern" should explain how to write such a pattern and give at least one example (like "squid:*Naming*"). Replace current property description by:
Pattern to match which rules should be ignored. A pattern consists of the rule repository name, followed by a colon, followed by a rule key or rule name fragment. For example: