First, on the "Administer Quality Profiles" permission:
- rename it "Administer Quality Profiles and Gates"
- update description to "Ability to perform any action on the quality profiles and gates."
The "Alert" word should disappear from the UI:
- We should keep the existing "alert" widget (= keep the widget key) but update it as follows:
- New name: "Quality Gate Summary" (because we'll provide a detailed quality gate widget later)
- Description: "Displays a synthetic report of the project regarding its associated quality gate."
- It the project has no QG, then no measure will be available and therefore the widget should not be displayed
- If status OK: "The project has passed the quality gate."
- If status WARN: "The project has warnings on the following quality gate conditions: <list_of_warning_messages>"
- If status ERROR: "The project failed the quality gate on the following conditions: <list_of_error_messages>"
- We should rename the "alert_status" metric to:
- "Quality Gate Status"
- "QG" in its abbreviated form (visible on measure filters)
- The "Alert" event category should be renamed to "Quality Gate"
- In the Measures Page, the "Alert" criterium should be renamed to "Quality Gate"
- In the notifications that one can receive, "New alerts" should be turned into "New quality gate status"
=> This ticket can be considered done once there's no more the "alert" word in the core.properties file (in the text values, not in the keys obviously)