Here are the use cases that we want to cover and which are not "false-positives" :
- The issue is intentional
Ex: you don't want to log nor rethrow an exception when closing a file reader fails
- Irrelevant in this context
Ex: System.exit(...) should not be used except for instance in one class of a batch application in charge to stop the execution if all required parameters are not provided
"Won't-fix" issues should behave like false-positives:
- they should not increase the technical debt.
- they should generate a notification:
- this should be covered by the existing "New false positives" notification
- , which should be renamed "New ignored issues", with a mouseover to explain that "This covers false positive and won't fix issues".