Steps to reproduce:
- Install MySQL 5.6.10 using the Windows Installer from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/
- Install Sonar 3.4.1 by unpacking the zip from http://www.sonarsource.org/downloads/
- Create a user "sonar" on the local machine
- Set the user directory to the sonar directory
- Ensure that the user "sonar" has full access to the sonar directory
- Install the sonar service using InstallNTService.bat
- Change the sonar service to run as user "sonar"
- Start sonar
A fresh sonar installation is accessible at localhost:9000.
The browser displays an error page ("We're sorry, but something went wrong.").
The logfile contains an error message:
org.jruby.rack.RackInitializationException: An error has occurred, all later migrations canceled: ActiveRecord::JDBCError: Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes: CREATE INDEX `properties_key` ON `properties` (`prop_key`)
When running the steps using MySQL 5.5.30 it works as expected.
According to the documentation at http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Requirements sonar will work with MySQL 5.x. So this is either a documentation problem or a problem with sonar.