- Create a project: "<prj>."
- Add it to a Portfolio with manual selection mode.
- As a result Portfolio configuration page gets corrupted:
The documentation mentions in several places that only letters and a few characters are allowed in project keys. The UI shows an error when trying to create with a key using UTF-8 characters.
- with SonarQube 7.9, it's possible to validate the project creation with such characters.
- with SonarQube 7.9 and 8.2, it's possible to make a project a key use UTF-8 characters with several other ways: by creating the project with the first analysis, by updating an existing key or by calling directly web services.
Project key validation is missing there.
The project key using UTF-8 should be updated to not use anymore UTF-8 characters.
It should not be possible in any way to create (or update) a project with a key using UTF-8 characters.
A warning should be displayed (in scanner console log and in project page) for projects who contain such characters to recommend updating the key.