On the code viewer, the coverage is displayed in the margin as a red, green or orange color indicator. The meaning of each color is only displayed on mouse-over.
Blind people using a screen reader cannot access this information.
After investigation, it looks like the code viewer layout is inside an HTML table. We have different columns for:
- The line number, which is ignored by Voice Over
- The author, which is ignored by Voice Over
- The issue if there is one, which is ignored by Voice Over
- Duplications, not ignored by Voice Over, but no meaningful content. It only says "blank, column 4 of 6"
- Coverage, not ignored by Voice Over, but no meaningful content. It only says "blank, column 5 of 6"
- The code, not ignored by Voice Over, meaningful content
The ignored columns should not be ignored and all columns should have meaningful content that can be read by Voice Over.
- The line number column should state "Line number XX"
- The author column should state "Author: Name of author" or "Author: unknown"
- The issue column should state "No issue" or "XX Bugs/Vulnerabilities/Code Smells"
- The duplications column should state "Duplications: none" or "Duplications: XX%"
- The coverage column should state "No coverage information" or "Uncovered line" or "Covered line" or "Partially covered line"