In some pages, some actions are more important than others. We currently have only one type of button that put all actions at the same level. It would be great to give more visibility to the primary action to guide the users.
To do so, we should introduce a new design of button.
A few examples:
- On the issue page, once an issue is selected, the primary action becomes the button "bulk change".
- In modals the primary action is (in this case) apply the changes. The secondary is the action to cancel the changes. The first one should use the primary button and the second one the secondary button.
Use this button to indicate an action that is clearly more important than the other actions. Not all features need a primary action. Sometimes the actions are secondary to the content. This button should be used once by component screen.
- background-color: same as border
- background color: #174461 (or #872129 for red destructive buttons)
- color: #D1D1D1
Use this button to indicate action to the user (the current button design) Use this version when the button would be too distracting to the experience.
- current design
- background color: #236A97