HTTP requests initiated from server (web server and compute engine) should take into account the proxy settings (properties http.proxyPort, http.nonProxyHosts, ...):
- webhook calls
- download of update center properties files
- download of plugins when installing from the Update Center
- upload of telemetry data
- class HttpDownloader provided by the Plugin API
- PR decoration (Github, Bitbucket Cloud, ...)
- authentication (eg. Github, OAuth, ...)
Proxy to be used by SonarQube can be configured in sonar.properties with properties such as http.proxyHost, http.proxyPort, ...
A new property http.nonProxyHosts will be added. It accepts a list of pipe separated hosts.
SonarQube will set JVM system properties http.nonProxyHosts and ftp.nonProxyHosts in Web Server and Compute Engine processes with the value of this property (see https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/api/java.base/java/net/doc-files/net-properties.html).
Implementation note: OkHttp does not honour http.nonProxyHosts by default (https://github.com/square/okhttp/issues/2693).