On SonarCloud, it is currently not easy to know how to onboard a team: as an org admin, I must wait that my team mates signed up on the service so that I can search for them and add them as org members.
Because this is not obvious, we want to document this in the product using the new help/documentation system:
- When I am on the "Members" page and press ?, the following doc entry is suggested: "Manage a team"
- This page explains that I can find users and add them to an org, and that I can manage their groups from that page
- It also tells me that to onboard team members, they must have first signed up on the service so that I can find them
- In the end, we can add that advanced features are planned for the near future to reduce the pain of onboarding a whole team
- Close to the "Add a member" button, we can add a icon with some text like:
Add users to the organization and grant them permissions to work on the projects.
See "Manage a team"