Plugins will be able to report through the Java API issues that were created by external rule engines.
We will need to process this information.
- Add these new type of issues in the scanner report:
- No rule validation is performed;
- No Issue filters are applied;
- Open question: use same Issue message in the report (adding new fields) or create new message?
- Add to database (these are ideas to be confirmed):
- Issue table needs new field rule_title, since it can be different between issues with the same rule ID;
- rule_id should be what is provided by the plugin;
- Rule table will need new boolean field external;
- rule_engine can be saved as the rule repository, with a prefix such as 'external_' to avoid collisions with internal rules.