- Analyse the project P having module M
- Analyse the project P without the module M
- Try to analyse the module M as a standalone project, the scanner is failing with
When the project is analysed without the module, the module remains in database as a disabled component.
When checking if component keys are valid, the web service api/ce/submit is taking into account this disabled module whereas it should not
The key of the disabled module should be renamed in project P. For the time being the administration console to update keys does not display disabled modules, so the only way to achieve that is to send a POST request:
The following solutions have been rejected for the time being:
- automatically delete disabled modules when compute engine needs to reuse the key. Partial deletion of components tree is not technically possible because of Elasticsearch indexing. Only full projects can be deleted and removed from Elasticsearch indices.
- automatically rename the key of disabled module from Compute Engine. Two reasons to not go into this direction:
- what would be the new key?
- initial project should be reindexed from analysis of second project. That may lead to concurrency errors.
- display disabled modules in administration console of key update. Requires webapp to not use public web service api/components/tree that does not/won't return disabled components.