The following error occurred on SonarCloud (see INFRA-1975 for details):
This error is caused by the issue message containing the null character (0x00), introduced in it by the copy a piece of code into the issue message (presumably the name of the field with incorrect naming, but here, it seems the parsing is buggy).
While the null character is a valid UTF8 character, it is not supported by Postgres as the server is written in C, the null character is the string delimiter (see https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/alpine.BSO.2.00.0906031639270.2432%40leary.csoft.net).
Various courses of actions are possible to fix this bug (some could be combined):
- remove null character from issue message before inserting it into DB
- remove null character from issue message when passed to the Plugin API
- remove null character from any string message for INSERT and UPDATE statement on Postgres (eg. through MyBatis or a contribution to the JDBC driver)
This error is not very likely to occur as it requires
- to have null characters in source code
- to have a piece of source code containing this null character to be used to build an issue message