For each executed task in the Compute Engine, logs such as the following are generated in ce.log:
- In case of a functional error, only those two logs are generated.
- In case of non-functional error, the stacktrace of the error, at ERROR level, will be included between those two lines.
- If the task is successful, the same (and only) two lines are generated, but the second one's level is INFO.
Having the end of task log at ERROR level is creating noise in monitoring tools:
- in case of functional error, there is no information on the cause => the error is not actionnable => noise
- in case of another error, there is two lines at ERROR level => noise
Therefor, the 2nd log line should always be a INFO level and the status of the task should be included in the log's payload: