While usability testing prototypes for
MMF-1090 Better usability for project’s homepage, one improvement was unanimously liked by testers: visual reorganisation of the sidebar. We still need time for MMF-1090 to provide a good design solution, but this part can already be implemented and add value to the current project dashboard.
The idea is to clearly separate the sidebar from the main content, and to clearly separate its different parts. Usability testing demonstrated that such small improvements ease the scanning of the contents, and gives a more structured feeling of the page.
Main improvements to implement:
- Clear visual separation from the main content with a vertical line
- Clear visual separation of the sidebar items with horizontal lines between them
- Thus horizontal lines between each timeline event should disappear
- Add headline for first sidebar item “About this project”
- “Activity” becomes “Project activity”
- Add headline “External links” above the list of links
- “Key” becomes “Project key”
- A “Copy” button allows users to easily copy the project key in their clipboard