Because SQ 5.2 drops access to the DB from batch side, Views must be executed on server-side.
As a user, I expect to:
- Be able to define and update the structure of Views in the Web admin console exactly as before
- Have the ability to manually launch the execution of views from that console
- Either the whole execution, or execution on 1 view only
- First run should create the corresponding view structure with aggregated data, and subsequent runs should update this structure and reflect the potential changes done in the admin console
- Be able to reference a view in another one (i.e. local view)
- Be able to reference a remote view
- Have the ability to schedule the execution of views so that it is runs regularly without manual interaction
This has some consequences compared to the previous version:
- the scheduling of the automatic execution must be configurable in SonarQube
- it should be possible to manually trigger the full execution of Views
- it should be possible to manually trigger the execution for one view (replacement of "sonar.views.list" property)
Note that for this version, it won't be possible to replay the past (previously available with the former "sonar.views.dates" property). We might reintroduce this feature later, probably implemented in a smarter way. Except this feature, the scope of Views on SQ 5.2 will be equivalent to the previous version.