- The Web API is accessible in black box mode to offer integration in external environments
- Overlays (such as WsClient used remotely) can be nice to have, but we can't and won't commit on maintaining those as thoroughly as the API itself. And we don't want to provide support for this either.
- Any extension point must answer to a functional use case. The Web API is too broad for an internal extension point
- sonar-ws, WebService and LocalConnector as extension points are deprecated/dereferenced
- SVG Badges plugin becomes a core feature
- C# plugin has a WS. It must become part of SQ
- the old WS client (from 4.5) must be dropped and replaced by the private ws-client. It is used in IT (of platform and language teams) but also in scanners