In SQ 5.3, we do expect the Administration > General Settings > General > Duplications tab to be back. This tab should contain only one property ''sonar.cpd.cross_project" whose default value should be false.
As a SonarQube user :
- When activating this property, I'm expecting SonarQube to start detecting duplicated blocks across different projects
- When deactivating this property/feature on a project A, I don't expect the other projects to contain some duplications with this project A after next analysis (purge mechanism).
- I accept the overheads relating to the activation of this feature :
- Generation of a bigger report
- Increase of the time required to compute this report
As with SQ 5.1-:
- When defining the property "sonar.branch", this mechanism should be automatically deactivated to prevent generating a lot of noise
MMF-111 for the detection of cross-modules duplications