Currently, project administrator are not guided to set up their branch & PR analysis via Jenkins. Jenkins is one of the most used CI, and we should provide a good guidance to project administrators so that they can easily integrate quality in their dev pipeline.
We already provide a tutorial to help users to analyse with Jenkins and Bitbucket Server with
MMF-1864 and we need to provide the same guidance for GHE.
As a project administrator, after I created my project, I am guided to set up the analysis of my project:
- Manually: from my local machine or from an external CI.
- With Jenkins CI:
- I do not have an existing pipeline
- I have an existing pipeline: I can see from the tutorial what is recommended so that I can adapt my pipeline
As a project administrator who wants to analyse with Jenkins:
- I want to know what are the steps to be guided to set up my quality analysis for master, branches and PR directly in the product:
- I have a checklist to ensure that I have the correct setup
- I can follow the different steps to set up my analysis
- Thanks to the auto-detection, I won't have to provide any specific parameters (
- I can copy/paste the scripts when needed
- Understand that after an analysis launched on Jenkins, the results of the analysis will appear on SQ
The mockups provide the base solution.
Step 2 ("Create a GitHub webhook")
The first part (the information to fill in) is replaced with the following:
- Payload URL: Enter your Jenkins instance URL + add the following path: /github-webhook/
Content type: Leave it toapplication/x-www-form-urlencoded Secret: Not mandatory [TODO: do we recommend the use of a secret? If so, requires the extra step of configuring it Jenkins-side?]
The second part (events) is replaced with the following:
Under "Which events would you like to trigger this webhook?", select "Let me select individual events."
Then check the following events:
- Pull Requests