For the teams who use GitLab.com as their main ALM, users should be able to authenticate in SonarCloud with their GitLab.com account to have the simplest sign-in and sign-up process.
We want to cover the same sign-in / sign-up scenarios as for the other 3 ALMs:
- As a user I can authenticate on SC with my GitLab.com account
- Either from the SC home page
- Or from the SC login page
- Once I'm in, I see that SC grabbed details from my GitLab account (name and email address mainly)
See what was done on
MMF-1788. To be clear, things we don't need on SC:
- Ability to specify the GitLab instance
- Sync of groups
- Properties available in the Web UI? => to check with Ops
Note: with just the authentication, we don't want GitLab users to sign up and manually create projects. We would prefer that MMF-1752 (project onboarding) and
MMF-1753 (running analysis in GitLab CI) are done before opening the sign up.
- => let's rely on some sort of canary testing based on local storage property
- as a consequence, we won't start writing documentation at this stage