Resolution: Won't Do
In the Administration space, the forms are not preventing users from making basic errors.
For example in General Settings > Analysis Scope > Ignore Issues on Multiple Criteria and in General Settings > Analysis Scope > Restrict Scope of Coding Rules
- The 2nd field "File Path Pattern" is mandatory but it's not stated anywhere. There is no error message if you complete the first field and not the second.
- You can even press "save" without any error message showing. This will cause the next analysis to crash.
- You can also enter the same value twice without having an error message.
- There is no check on the input format and the help message is not very visible. You could enter any kind of words here without guidance or error messages. This will cause next analysis to fail.
- It should be clearly stated when a field is required.
- It should not be possible to submit an incomplete form.
- It should not be possible to submit the same value twice, the user should get an error message.
- we should improve the interaction when a user is deleting the value without clicking on "Reset"(see thread in comment)